Ok…. My kids are getting older and don’t like doing crafts anymore so I will make my daycare kids 🙂 Their parents will love them !
3. Make the Brim of the Hat using Black Paper or Fabric (it should be stiff though, so use Cardstock or Construction Paper or Felt) The most difficult part of this whole project…sizing the brim. Basically it’s a circle with a center Circle cut out of the middle that just fits over the open rim of the jar but llisn’t big enough that once you slip it over the, it will be flimsy. So just slightly small than the lid cover.
Different jars will have different openings, so once you find that perfect balance, just use that as your pattern!
4. Cut a piece of black ribbon to wrap around the lid of the jar…to complete the top-hat look.
5. Give that man a face! I used Puffy Paints, but regular acrylic craft paint works too.
6. You can stop here if you’d like. And gift your little snowman with a couple bags of hot chocolate. Everything up to this step, including ALL materials cost me ~$2.50 per gift set to make 12.
8. Hot glue some buttons on it…and Hot Glue your Marshmallow Jar to the top of the Cocoa jar.
9. Use up some ribbon or Scrap Fabric for the scarf! (I just cut the ends for “fringe”)
***EXTRA BONUS TIP: adding a third jar to the bottom full of peppermint candies. Alas, there’s no running to the store while I’m blogging during naptime, so you’ll have to imagine it for me!