Archive for the ‘Holiday’ Category
Tags: bear, Candy, Chocolate, Christmas, Holiday, Kids, Sweets, teddy bear, Treats
1 lb. hamburger
1 pkg. taco seasoning
8 oz. sour cream
1 pkg. crescent rolls (8)
1 can tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes (optional)
1 c. shredded cheese
1. Brown hamburger and drain.
2. Add taco seasoning, tomato sauce, tiny bit of water, and diced tomatoes. Simmer…
3. In 9×13 dish, press out crescent rolls and roll them to form crust.
4. Here comes the Dairy!!! Layer hamburger mixture, sour cream and then cheese.
5. Crush about 3/4 of a bag of Doritos and put them on top. Bake at 350 for 30 min.
Tags: Candy, Christmas, Crafts, Food, Gifts, Holidays, Kids, Preschool, School
Sweet Candy Wreath
You will need
- Green Life Savers
- Red Shoe String Licorice
- Pizza Pan
Its simple preheat your oven at 250 degrees
- Line the pizza pan with foil
- Take the life saver candy and arrange them into a circle all touching
- Place in oven for 6 minutes until thay start to melt together
- Let the candy cool for 10 minutes
- Take the candy off the foil and make tie a bow on it through one of the lifesavers roll
It has been a while
I miss ya’ll.
It started out with me just being too busy to come and post. Between home life, dealing with my hubby,my kid, the kids sports, the kids school events, my school, and work I just had no time.
Then, (deep sigh) I had a death in my family. My oldest brother got killed 😦 D=, it happened the day after my 30th birthday on black Friday, which was the day before his daughter 11th birthday...SIGH .. So, November and December were not my months.
So, I have been pretty busy. I am apologizing, I have a lot of great post just like my old page..
Be Blessed Edna Moore-Washington
While at the dollar store I decided to get crafty
I got a plate and a bowl
and was on my way home to make a dip tray…
all you need to make this
- 1 plate
- 1 bowl
- 1 candle stick holder
- or vase
- E-6000 glue
- Total Time Needed:
- 1 Hour
Sweeten up the Christmas tree with a collection of chocolate mice ornaments.
- Hershey’s Kisses
- Pink felt
- Double-sided carpet tape
- Fishing line
- Self-adhesive googly eyes
- Curling ribbon
- Remove the tags from two Hershey’s Kisses. Cut out mouse ears from pink felt, about 3/8-inch high. Using double-sided carpet tape, affix the bottoms of the ears to the flat side of one of the Kisses.
- Tape an 8-inch loop of fishing line behind the ears to form a hanger.
- With more double-sided carpet tape, join together the two flat sides of the Hershey’s Kisses, with the mouse ears and fishing line loop pointing up. Add a pair of self-adhesive googly eyes.
- Slip a tail — a 4-inch piece of curling ribbon — under the foil. Now, see how they run (or disappear) from your tree!
Ok…. My kids are getting older and don’t like doing crafts anymore so I will make my daycare kids 🙂 Their parents will love them !
3. Make the Brim of the Hat using Black Paper or Fabric (it should be stiff though, so use Cardstock or Construction Paper or Felt) The most difficult part of this whole project…sizing the brim. Basically it’s a circle with a center Circle cut out of the middle that just fits over the open rim of the jar but llisn’t big enough that once you slip it over the, it will be flimsy. So just slightly small than the lid cover.
Different jars will have different openings, so once you find that perfect balance, just use that as your pattern!
4. Cut a piece of black ribbon to wrap around the lid of the jar…to complete the top-hat look.
5. Give that man a face! I used Puffy Paints, but regular acrylic craft paint works too.
6. You can stop here if you’d like. And gift your little snowman with a couple bags of hot chocolate. Everything up to this step, including ALL materials cost me ~$2.50 per gift set to make 12.
8. Hot glue some buttons on it…and Hot Glue your Marshmallow Jar to the top of the Cocoa jar.
9. Use up some ribbon or Scrap Fabric for the scarf! (I just cut the ends for “fringe”)
***EXTRA BONUS TIP: adding a third jar to the bottom full of peppermint candies. Alas, there’s no running to the store while I’m blogging during naptime, so you’ll have to imagine it for me!